D.W. Fearn VT-12
Call for lowest price!
The D.W. Fearn VT-12 is a vacuum tube microphone preamplifier with 70dB of gain to accommodate the low output level of ribbon and dynamic microphones.
The VT-12 is very similar to the D.W. Fearn VT-2, using the same custom Jensen transformers and sonic philosophy so the trademark sound is definitely there.
For the sake of versatility, the VT-12 makes provision for phantom powering condenser mics in addition to ribbon mics that require phantom power. For those of us concerned by the potential mis-application of phantom power to our sacred arsenal of ribbon mics, a rear-mounted switch allows you to globally disable phantom power.
- Frequency Response: +0.25dB, 20Hz-20kHz (-3dB at 0.5Hz and 60kHz)
- THD+N: Less than 0.3%, 20Hz-20kHz
- Noise: Less than -72dBu, unweighted
- Input Load Impedance: 10k ohms
- Maximum Input Level for 1% THD @ 20Hz: -25dBu (-5dBu with pad)
- Maximum Gain: 70dB
- Input: Transformer balanced
- Output: Transformer balanced
- Maximum Output Level: +22dBu into 20kΩ bridging load
Please Note: The VT-12 is built to order and typically ships in 2-3 weeks. Orders for the VT-12 cannot be canceled and are not eligible for returns.